Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

You can't spell awkward without rad...

It's Witty Wednesday--the day where I tell you a witty joke to take your mind off of the fact that there are still two days left in the work week. 

Why did the man go out with a prune?  Because he couldn't find a date.  



:)


Everyone knows middle school years are some of the toughest, but I was proactive and allowed my awkwardness to mature promptly through my clothing choices.  Usually people choose nice shirts to sport in their school picture--not me.  I chose a shirt I had bought from the thrift store for my 8th grade yearbook picture--it was two sizes too small.  Classy, I know.  I eagerly embraced my brace face and tacky sense of clothing and this.....


.....is what I came up with!

FLASH BACK TIME


Me in "mommy's" clothes..


Me (and my sis) post-momolyptic.

When I was in middle school and high school, the pressure to "fit in" was a bit much at times.  Everyone wore American Eagle or Hollister--which, let's face it, are for skinny pencils, and I was a happy magic marker.  I rarely found myself in thrift stores, and started going to main stream clothing stores.  I worked hard for money (since my parents only bought me clothes if I needed them, but everyone knows a girl can't live under those conditions) to buy my clothes, but still came out looking like this sometimes...


Deep down inside, I didn't want to  to be like everyone else, even though I tried so hard to be like them.  I wanted to be "popular" so bad that I changed for the people around me.  Now that I've grown up a smidgen, I realize how ridiculous it was for me to say certain things, do things, and dress a certain way for others to like me.  What it all boils down to is this, thrift stores have allowed me to be me.  I find excitement in finding something that no one else will have.  I enjoy being an individual, and I especially like the price of being one--CHEAP!  

The moral of the lengthy, ridiculous, and flash back ridden monologue is to state my opinion on being yourself-- DO IT. BE YOU.  WITHOUT ANY LIMITATIONS.  
You have nothing to lose, but good deals at the thrift store and a little pride-but who needs that anyway? 

  

Stay true, stay real.
H.

No comments:

Post a Comment