Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Post-Election 2012

I contemplated whether or not to post a political post, but felt that since everyone else's voice is being heard, mine should too.  

I am neither declaring my approval or condemnation to yesterday's results, but merely showing my frustration to the comments stated once Barak Obama was announced the winner. I only looked on Facebook and read the many reactions, and am perplexed by the amount of people I know that have already slandered President Obama.  Respect for our leader should be the number one priority of all Americans, not crude remarks towards his win.  We are America.  We are united as ONE.  Despite disagreements among candidates parties, once the votes are all counted for there is nothing you can do, and saying harsh words are not going to change that--it will only make you look ignorant.  

At the elementary school where I work, today is our Veteran's Day assembly.  Everyone has been asked to wear their red, white, and blue.  As I expect nearly everyone, including students, will be sporting their nations colors, I know that us coming together and supporting those that have saved our lives is the appropriate action to take the day following the election.  Many people will be divided in views, but that doesn't mean we have to be divided as a nation.  

I urge everyone to put a halt to slanderous words and go out and make a difference somewhere.  

Stay true, stay real.
H.

No comments:

Post a Comment