Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Laughter is the best medicine.

It's WITTY WEDNESDAY-- 

Why couldn't the pony sing?  Because he was a little horse. 

Nothing like a good classic joke to make you realize that life is too short to not laugh.  


You know what stinks?  The economy.  You know what can make it better?  THRIFT STORE SHOPPING.  I have incredible news--Goodwill will have another awesome deal day on December 1st.  It's all clothing and shoes 1/2 off.  When it comes to saving money, I feel like the fine art of "hand me downs" is the way to go.  So, grab your mom, your mom's mom, and her mom's mom, and head on down to your local Goodwill to get uber good deals!  

I got this dress for $10 and these shoes for $16 at Ross.  You owe it to yourself to find these deals!


Since it's almost Thanksgiving, I thought I'd like to give you my thoughts on giving.  I feel like I don't do it enough--give that is.  I'm lazy and selfish.  I do not give of my time, money, or anything else.  

My grandpa has been living with my family for the past 5 years, and it has been a struggle to say the least.  I envisioned it as going much like the Christmas vacations we took to his house.  Staying up late talking to him.  Playing Scrabble non-stop, and eating till our stomach's literally almost exploded.  Literally.  But it's been hard.  I wish I could say differently, but I've realized neither of us are easy people to live with.  I still love him very, very much, and I need to take this giving holiday to give him and me the relationship we used to have.  It's time to take this holiday for real, and make things happen.

My challenge to you is to give in some way.  Whether it be small or big, giving is one of the most beautiful things you can do.  One of the most inexpensive and heartfelt ways to give is through LAUGHTER.  
Try it out.  Tell a joke.  And make someone else smile for once.  



Stay true, stay real.
H.


No comments:

Post a Comment