Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Gettin' fresh

If you haven't seen my post from earlier this morning, here is my THROW-BACK TUESDAY gift to you!  Enjoy.



Most of the time my thoughts aren't profound.  They're usually perverse or comical in some way--and I'm usually the only one who laughs.  But today, I was thinking about what makes us different.

There are so many ways people are the same, and there are some people in the world that enjoy those same ideals, qualities, or styles because other people have/say/do these things.  That's all fine and dandy, but what happens when someone thinks differently, or acts, or dresses differently than you?  I find that there are some people who mock and even judge those that are "different."

For me, I find my individuality something I hold firm to my heart.  As I've previously stated, BE YOU. I find that finding unique clothes at thirft stores is what sets me apart.  For you, it might be drawing, or singing, or even being a daredevil.  Whatever fits your heart is what you need to embrace.


"To be great is to be misunderstood." 
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

This is one of my favorite quotes, because it's simple and encourages people to do great things and to not care what others may think.  That's the best thing you can give yourself--individuality.

But, like I said, these profound readings will be rare...unless, profoundness has suddenly become my form of individuality.
Or not. 



Stay true, stay real.
H.

No comments:

Post a Comment