Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, November 26, 2012

The First Day...

Manifesto Monday-- When I'm in my car, I envision I'm a famous singer and I belt out whatever song comes to my head.  
I get asked for an encore every time.  

Heeeerrree’s


Outfit number one



I'm actually super proud of this outfit, because 1) it's cute 2) it's super comfy!  
(a great idea for when you're feeling a bit fat because of all the food you stuffed in your face on Thanksgiving day--hint, hint; wink, wink)

NEWS ALERT: My boots were my big Black Friday deal.  They were originally $70 and I got them for $35 from Rack Room Shoes.  They run a bit small, but they zip up on the side, which allows for jeans to fit in easily.


I got the sweater from Goodwill (in the men's section), and my "jeans" are from Charlotte Rousse a few years back.


THRIFTY TIP:  I use capris as pants when I wear long boots.  I'm actually wearing them in this picture, and you had no clue, did ya?  This helps add a pair of jeans into rotation during the winter season; and makes you not have to buy so many pairs of jeans.  

The thing I love about this outfit is that every piece I have can go great with many other things.  

+The boots can make any outfit pop
+The sweater can go great with work out pants and tennis shoes, for a cute on-the-go look
+And the capris are great for spring and summer


Tomorrow's outfit will show how you can go from work to play with only one small change.


Stay true, stay real.
H.

2 comments:

  1. hilary, your blog is so cute. i love how you throw in different ideas for wearing each outfit and most of your clothes don't look so..unoriginal or overdone, you know what i mean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy finding awesome things at thrift stores! I'm glad you still read them, 'cause I think you're the only one!

    ReplyDelete