Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, November 5, 2012

Just call me Barney Stinson...

I decided I'm going to start theming each day of the week, so you all can get to know me better.  So, raise your glasses to........

Manifesto Monday: I'm obsessed with How I Met Your Mother.

And for some reason it didn't record tonight.  I'm not bitter though.  Nope, not at all...

Pictures don't lie.  I was pissed.

So (I say this word too much), I'd like to start filling you in on exactly why I became so obsessed with thrifty shopping.  It all started on a June day; my mom's water broke, and it was time for baby Hilary to join this chaotic world....wait, that's a different story.  Here we go--ever heard of HAND ME DOWNS?  Well in my family, they were THROWN TO THE CURB--ERS.  That's right, my older sister, Meredith, was the pride and joy of my family, and got whatever piece of clothing, shoes, or popsicle she wanted.  I was left with saggy butts, out of style shoes, and the disgusting grape flavored Fla-Vor-Ice!  
(I may be exaggerating a tad bit)
My sister and me.  And my long hair.

In any case, my parents took advantage of having two beautiful, miraculous, hell on wheels girls!  We were completely different, especially in the clothing department.  Mer was prissy, while I was...not.  Mer was sweet, while I was...the devil.  I played along with my mother's dress up fantasies on a real life doll for a while, but by the time I turned five, I was done with bangs the size of Andre the Giant and fru-fru- dresses.  And this, my thrifters, is where it all begins...

Come back tomorrow where I'll talk about the time I dressed myself for a gymnastics meet at the age of
SIX!

P.S. I cut my hair again.  And I'm debuting it
HERE tomorrow!!!!

Stay true, stay real.
H.




No comments:

Post a Comment