Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

So, yesterday....

While I was in Goodwill, as I was mindlessly flipping through the purple blouses, I looked up to find a lady staring at me.  She looked inquisitive, but thought nothing of it.  Then, clearly without her glasses on, asked me if I worked there.  I wanted to laugh out loud, but instead, quickly answered, "no."

I'm not sure if this is the greatest compliment of my life or the worst diss.  Either way, it was a story that needed to be shared.


BUT TODAY....my mother and I carved pumpkins.  {My mom and I have "mother/daughter dates" every Wednesday night, because the house is to ourselves.  It's a fabulous time where we hang out, have a few amoretto sours, and talk about how life is--it's one of my favorite things to do.}  Back to the important stuff, my mom is a terrible pumpkin carver.

Here is her halfway shot.

Both of ours ended up turning out rather beautiful, if I do say so myself.  It was a hoot listening to my mom's woes about her pumpkin misbehaving.  Before we began, she asked, "Can you wash [the seeds] or will the pumpkin taste go away from them?" :) --it's moments like these that I'll treasure forever.  

Here are snap shots of our rendezvous!  

The victims.


<< mine


>> mum's



Showin' love for Tulsa AND I got the shirt from Goodwill.
(Two birds with one stone.)



Despite the fact that my mom's cat doesn't have any actual eyeballs, the night was a success; and my mom keeps talking about how she wants to do another one.....

Stay true, stay real.
H.








No comments:

Post a Comment