Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Ham, Wine, and Good Company

And I thought a typical American celebration was impossible in Korea, but I was wrong.  Thanks to some great friends, we all came together to make this Thanksgiving abroad a spectacular adventure in cooking, stuffing our stomachs', and playing truth or dare like we were back in middle school.  

Memorable Quotes:
"If you eat pine nuts, it will change your taste forever to aluminum foil!"

"No more milk.  It's sleeping."

"Hey, you!!!! I hate kimchi.  I HATE IT!"

"It smells like a swamp monster from a cave."

"Ok, let's get drunk..."


















"I brought the green bean casserole!"

I'm thankful for this wonderful, life changing experience.
I'm thankful for the people in Korea who have made it feel like home.
I'm thankful for the people back home who love me dearly.  Sometimes too much ;)
And I'm thankful for pumpkin pie. 

Stay true, stay real.
H.



4 comments:

  1. Miss you! Happy Thanksgiving! Can you see the new Hunger Games in Korea???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you too! Come visit! Yes, I can, but I haven't yet. I should go soon, shouldn't I?

    How are you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you should see it soon! And take pics. I want to know what a Korean movie theater looks like!

    And I'm good! I'm a librarian now!!! I don't even have my degree yet. It's madness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look like theaters back home but cleaner. We need to have a chat about this librarian business. How did....when did...is that even possible?

    ReplyDelete