Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Elevator Talk

Yesterday, as I was leaving the gym, I made eye contact with a Korean woman and her friend who gave me a skeptical look.  I just thought she was disgusted with my foreign-ness, so I calmly waited for the elevator.  As all three of us loaded in, I was listening to my music and minding my own business.  We pushed our buttons and off we went.  Through the sound of the song, I thought I heard the word "shit." I looked up and the ladies were giggling.  Again, they started making eye contact with me-- only this time it had a purpose.  No, not to make me feel out of place, but a questioning one.  I noticed that she was talking to me, so I took out my ear phone.  "Shit (hee hee hee) is that how you say it? S-H-I-T?"  I replied with, "Shit?" "Yes, shit!" "Yes, that's a word."  Still acting like little school girls, the one who did all the English speaking said, "Is that a bad word?  That's the only word she knows (giggle giggle)."  My hesitant response was, "I mean, it's not a good word."  Ding, the elevator stopped.  The door opened and as I walked out the only thing I heard was laughter and "shit."

Stay true, stay real.
H.

No comments:

Post a Comment