Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, June 7, 2013

Incheon, Korea- My New Home

I have officially been in my new apartment in Incheon, Songo, Korea for a little over a week now.  It's strange to sit here an think that I'm on my own in such an unknown country, town, environment, but the thought is exhilarating to say the least.  I'm still getting acclimated to the cultural differences and language. Obviously, I have no knowledge of either things, but I'm having a great time learning it all, even if I come off as the dumb American...but hopefully for only a little while longer.  

I've visited Seoul with my friends that are here a couple times now.  The place has everything- tourist attractions (some I still haven't seen), low key towns that are adorably breathtaking (side-note: I would have pictures of my day trip to Namdaemoon, but I accidentally deleted every single picture taken..literally, every. single. one.), and, of course the most important, delicious food.  That's probably been my favorite thing so far, eating the unique and odd looking food.  At the school I work at, they provide us lunch, which allows me to try traditional Korean normalcies.  Ah, it's absolutely unreal that I'm here living out my dream! I'm sure it won't hit me until a few months down the road, until then, I'll keep documenting this great experience...and of course showing some pictures: 

Stay true, stay real
H. 


Dinner with Lucy and Seth 5 hours after my 14 hour plane ride. 

Yummy Korean barbecue at Bornga. 


My life long friend, Lucy. 

Not long after my plane ride. 

The tiny apartment I lived in for 4 days. Nothing like life experiences. 



1 comment:

  1. The last picture is of my temporary apartment. I'll post pics of my much bigger, permanent apartment later!

    ReplyDelete