Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, January 10, 2013

My thoughts exactly...

There are a lot of options in life.  Some are simple, and some are complex.  Some leave you wanting more, while others leave you feeling lonely.  

Lately, my mind has been taking My Green Lanterns on the track and running around.  I can't stop thinking about what life could be like if I did this or did this.  Maybe tried that or attempted this while I was a kid.  Not that I lived a boring life-- it was simple, and I liked it that way-- but I feel that if I had given some things a second thought, I might be somewhere completely different right now.  Not living at home.  Not making just enough over minimum wage to consider myself comfortable.  

I've decided it's time to do something about it.  I went to school to be an English major, and I'd love to be a screen play writer or a novelist, but I have no where to start.  I envision myself walking on the red carpet with all the celebrities, paparazzi hollering at me, "Hilary, over here," or "Hilary, who are you wearing?  You look stunning."  Me, I'd just bat my eyes and shyly whisper, "this old thing?"  I can picture is perfectly.  Everything in sync with my ideal scenario, even my nails were perfect, which never happens because I always bump it on something when it's almost to the point of complete dryness.  Yes, I'd be a smashing hit.  A new star on the rise.  But instead, I do live at home and I do make just enough over minimum wage to consider myself comfortable.  

Back to this whole deciding to do something about it.  I feel in my bones that it is time for me to take a wack at writing something.  Even if it sucks; even if my mom can't formulate a good enough lie to make my feelings not burst into a million pieces, I believe I owe it to myself to try.  Failing is my worst fear, but I'm ready to take chances.  I'm ready to become somebody.  And I'm more than ready to get the hell out of my parents house.  So, I'm allowing you all to push me to become something great.  I will happily take advice, praises, and happy thoughts, just not criticism.  That would be pushing it.  

Cheers to a new year, new goal, and new ideas.
Let me know what goals you have, maybe we could write a screen play about it ;) 

Stay true, stay real.
H.

No comments:

Post a Comment