Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, July 26, 2013

Two Months Down

Today is the day I can say I've been in Korea two months since May. 
Did that rhyme work? I feel it was a bad attempt. 
 Anyway, I have been a bit MIA this past week, that probably stems from the fact that I've been teaching and living and just been super busy. So, to make up for the lack of posts, here is list of the top ten things I've learned since I've been living on my own.  In a foreign country.  Far, far away from home. 

Ahem.
Number One.
I don't talk to myself.
(I'm sure a few of you were surprised by that one)

Number Two.
But I do sing.  A lot.  At any given time.

Number Three.
I like air conditioning, but I don't like paying for it.

Number Four. 
Cooking doesn't suck.  Entirely.

Number Five.
I can't cook.

Number Six. 
I hate the smell of trash.
I also hate taking out the trash.

Number Seven. 
Imma P.I.M.P.
Passionate Independent Mamacita Pastry puff
(Ok, pastry puff doesn't entirely make sense, but I was thinking about food while I wrote this.)

Number Eight.
I'm a people person.
As if that was a surprise.

Number Nine.  
I like dryers.
I like the way they make my clothes warm and soft. I like the way they dry my clothes. I like the way they allow me to be lazy.  I even like the lent they produce-- ok, that's a lie.
Seriously though, I miss my clothes dryer.

Number Ten. 
I miss my mom and dad like an American who moves to Korea misses Wal-Mart.
Also, I miss Wal-Mart.


Stay true, stay real. 
H. 


2 comments:

  1. Loved this post! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Steph! Glad you enjoyed it :) we need to get together and get an LIT when I get back!!!

    ReplyDelete