Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, September 12, 2014

Wai'ao, Taiwan: Day Two

I wish I had a riveting anecdote for day two in Taiwan, but, honestly, all I did was soak up the glorious sun.  My body was burnt, my hair was ratchet from the salty sea, and I loved every minute of it.  Among the many hours I spent laying like a beached whale on the black sand, I managed to muster up the courage to take a surfing lesson.  So much water landed in my nose and mouth.  I was terribly thirsty and tired after, BUT it was such a fun part of the trip.  Did I accept the offers from many locals to surf again after the initial surfing experience?  NO, but I thought about it, so that has to count for something.  












(left): This was my burger--sorry it was half eaten before I remembered to take its picture-- and coffee.  All drinks in a cup came pre-packaged with a plastic covering.

(right):I enjoyed pineapple, mango, and grape beer while I was in Taiwan.  The locals don't consider it beer, but rather "juice."  Either way, it tasted good to me.  

I made a friend.
His name is crab.
He's elusive sometimes, but if you squint really hard you can see him.

Stay true, stay real.
H.

No comments:

Post a Comment