Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Things Korean Kids Say- Month 9

It's been a terribly long time since I last posted. Granted, I was sick for almost three weeks, so nothing really exciting was happening in my life.  Life in Korea is still wonderful and exciting.  My kids that I had been teaching for the past nine months graduated and went on to elementary school, but my new kids are great so far, especially Iris--my little third person referencing, happy-go-lucky, doesn't really ever fully know what's going on girl.  

Korea has been great to me and here are some funnies from my kids to prove it.
Enjoy! 

Me: Ultimatum.
Kid: Old potatum.
Me: Ul-ti-ma-tum.
Kid: Old tomato?

Kid: Teacher, how do I spell cock?
Me: (taken by surprise, but still keeping my composure) Cook?
Kid: No, cock.
Me: Clock?
Annoyed bystander: COKE!! 

Kid: My girlfriend is kimchi jigae.

While I was sick...
Kid: Teacher, sore throat, it sounds not pretty. (points to the door with authority) GO GET SOME WATER!

Me: I'm trying.
Kid: Trying is good, teacher! 

Kid: Teacher, if the airplane doesn't have air, we cannot go up?

Me: 2,000 won, is that a lot or a little?
Class: A little!
Kid: A LOT TO AN AFRICAN!

I hope these put a smile on your face just like they do to me everyday! 

Stay true, stay real.
H.


No comments:

Post a Comment