Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Throw-Back Tuesday

The point of the picture is to document my new hair. But the beautiful faces are a bit distracting.  


ALSO, it's Throw-Back Tuesday.  (I'll post a pic or write a blurb about my awesome childhood.) 

Today, you're stuck with a blurby blurb-- I once punched my sister in the stomach.  She cried, and I got in trouble.  BUT, I feel justice was served in some small way.  Love you, Mer :) 


In more important news......

IT'S ELECTION DAY, THRIFTERS.  Hope you made your voice heard.
NO matter who you voted for, you count.
NO matter what the haters say, keep walking tall.
NO matter how long the line is, hold your bladder.



I'm sure you're all anxiously waiting my new blog more than you're waiting to see who wins the election, so here you go!  

Here I am, a stubborn five/six year old who believes my ways are better than my mother's.  Which, naturally they always are.  I started demanding how my hair would be cut, and what clothes I was going to wear.  Needless to say, I had my own style.  It was a daily battle for my mother that she eventually gave up on--bless her soul....and my wardrobe.  I recently looked back at a video of me at a gymnastics meet that I insisted I dress myself.  When looking back and my stunning ability to do a perfect summersault, my leotard and the UNDERWEAR that was sticking out from it was...not so stunning.  And my hair, oh Lord, my hair.  It was a train wreck. No, worse than a train wreck.  It was a fashion travesty.  But, being six it was still socially acceptable and somehow cute.  What this story all boils down to is, at an early age I began showing my individuality for choosing unique (that's a pretty word to describe awkward) clothing choices. 

I assure you, they get better as I grow up, but only before they got worse.  
STAY TUNED FOR TOMORROW'S BLOG (and possibly photos) ABOUT MY TEENAGE YEARS!
Braces and all. 

Stay true, stay real.
H.



No comments:

Post a Comment